Saturday, March 22, 2008


i could go on and on about why i love juno, but i find the soundtrack for the film is even more endearing than the film! you'll have to ignore the really ugly CD jacket illustrations, though. here are excerpts from some of the awesome songs:

so nice so smart - by: kimya dawson
i like boys with strong convictions
and convicts with perfect diction
underdogs with good intentions
amputees with stamp collections
plywood skinboards ride the ocean
salty noses suntan lotion
always seriously joking
and rambunctiously soft-spoken
i like boys that like their mothers
and i have a thing for brothers
but they always wait til we're under the covers
to say i'm sure glad we're not lovers

you're so nice and you're so smart
you're such a good friend i hafta break your heart
i'll tell you that i love you then i'll tear your world apart
just pretend i didn't tear your world apart


treehugger - by: kimya dawson & antsy pants
And in the sea there is a fish,
A fish that has a secret wish,
A wish to be a big cactus
With a pink flower on it.
And in the sea there is a fish,
A fish that has a secret wish,
A wish to be a big cactus
With a pink flower on it.

And the flower
Would be its offering
Of love to the desert.
And the desert,
So dry and lonely,
That the creatures all
Appreciate the effort.

And the rattlesnake said,
"I wish I had hands so
I could hug you like a man."
And then the cactus said,
"Don't you understand,
My skin is covered with sharp spikes
That'll stab you like a thousand knives.
A hug would be nice,
But hug my flower with your eyes."

1 comment:

[The User] said...

Juno is great of course and I agree the soundtrack is really good. Especially Kimya Dawson.

It was cool to see this post. Just the other day on the train from Vienna to Salzburg I was listening to one of her songs and writing the lyrics in my journal.

I wish I had some of her music with me right now.