Wednesday, August 3, 2005

dear blog,

i'm sorry i've neglected you for the past several weeks. i wanted to write to you but my ideas always became very heavy and angry with no solutions to these thoughts.

so instead i will write about my long weekend - simcoe day for those living in ontario (i took tuesday off to make it an extra looOOong weekend).

my very nice weekend consisted of driving up to north bay with my friends from cali and philly, after some nerdy activities on saturday and sunday (which were fun as well, but nerdy nonetheless and will not be disclosed here). the highlight of my trip, 338kms north of toronto, was watching 'the tempest' right on the shores of lake nipissing. sitting on bleacher style seats, the audience surrounded an eliptical stage where the actors had to ensure that people sitting on both sides of the stage were able to hear their dialogue.

the play was set in a northern ontario island where the shipwrecked crew and captain met first nations people and spirits. this interpretation of shakespeare's play was very unique and quite clever. the lake was even used as part of the set at one point. great costumes and great performances by all the actors.

i was never a theatre person (i like the spectacle of musicals) but i think this play has sparked an interest in me.

yours ever so truly,
hyedie

2 comments:

flower87 said...

angry? blog ni guchirenakattara, e-mail de guchitte ne. soredenaito stress ga tamachauyo... :(

Anonymous said...

Of course I'm happy to see you blogging again! Upset? Looks like I have to win the lottery sooner, eh? :-)

Live theatre is great. I only wish I had time to see more of it.

Hope things get better, Mika :-)