I finally updated the layout of this blog and while I don't think I'll be posting as much as I used to, I'm hoping the fresh look will encourage me to post a bit more often.
I've recently started listening to The Happiness Advantage. In it, Shawn Achor, positive psychology researcher, outlines 5 things we can to do become happier which in turn will help us be more successful at work. It's interesting because he finds numerous studies to backup all his points.
Some take-aways from the audiobook so far:
• neuroplasticity can allow us to become a glass half full person
• ... which can be accomplished through practice
• happy people live longer
• when you get out of a negative mindset, you start to see opportunities all around you
There is one daily exercise the author recommends which is to think of 3 things that made you happy that day. By doing this, he says that within a week or two you'll start to seek out all the good things in your daily life, notice them more, become happier and start to see opportunities (even out of what may seem like dire situations). So here goes!
Three Good Things
- Finishing up a big web project
- Having fun fidgeting with Blogspot and my new custom layout by Pugly Pixel (it's a free download!)
- Very cute, pink roses from Andre
I'm about half way through the audiobook and can't wait to finish it.